Tax Certificates

Home / Village Government / Tax Certificates

A tax certificate for a property can be issued to a third party, usually a notary or solicitor representing the purchaser of the property, if the following are presented to the Village of Hazelton:

  • The PID and Civic Address for the property.
  • A letter (or email) of authorization from the registered owner or a copy of the agency agreement.

Submit the above to The requesting individual or organization must have no account charges more than thirty days outstanding. Once the Village has received the application and authorization, please allow one full business day for the Village to process your request.

The fee for a tax certificate is $15.00 per PID.