The Village of Hazelton has an immediate opening for a Temporary Full Time Finance Clerk. This will be a 6-month contract position with possibility of further employment. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer the position will be responsible for:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable administration including creating and processing invoices; verifying accuracy, approvals and account coding; property tax collection; utility billings; business licensing; taxation and homeowner grants, supplier invoices, etc.;
- Preparing month-end general ledger, closing journal entries and completing supporting reconciliations;
- Preparing monthly and year-end financial statements as well as internal financial reports as directed;
- Posting transactions for journals, ledgers and other records;
- Monitoring receipt of payments and creating bank deposits;
- Reconciling expense claims and credit card statements;
- Supporting and preparing documents for annual audit and liaising with the auditor;
- Assisting the Chief Administrative Officer with the preparation, maintenance and analysis of the annual budget;
The preferred candidate will possess the ability to work quickly and effectively with limited supervision; the ability and judgment to recognize when to seek input or direction from a superior; the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts; and the ability to organize a workload effectively.
The successful candidate has completed: an accounting diploma or completion of a one year accounting program towards a CA, CGA or CMA plus several years accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with Muniware, Adagio and Paydirt accounting software and experience working in a municipal environment would be an asset.
Due to current global pandemic remote work options are available.
Rate of Pay:
Based on education and experience
February 12th 2021
Attention: Chief Administrative Officer
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.